My day doesn't feel complete without hearing Mum's voice or seeing her shining face. Her hugs are the best on offer and her ability to make everything seem right in the world is a skill I hope to inherit!
Growing up, I would often sit on the kitchen bench whilst Mum cooked dinner and update her on life. Together we would solve the world's issues and chuckle at our grand plans. After I moved out of home I was delighted to hear my younger brother resumed this treasured place on the kitchen bench and continued this beautiful tradition. It is no wonder - Mum always shared such great reflections and wise words instilling comfort and confidence in us.
As Mother's Day approaches, I wanted to share some of the wise words and life lessons Mum has taught me over the years in hope they will resonate with you as much as they do for me...
1. Just Be You. Too often we compare ourselves to everyone else and wonder if we are enough. Mum Minx always reminded me to just be myself and it will always be enough.
2. Live Beyond the Comfort Zone. If we truly want to test our limits, we have to step out of our comfort zone. Lucky for me, Mum has always provided the world's largest safety net too - just in case I leapt a little too far!
3. Take Time for You. At times this is ironic as our darling Mum can't help but drop everything for everyone else, yet she is often heard gently reminding me to take some time for a walk to unwind, a sit in the sunshine or a cheeky dessert.
4. If we have each other we have everything. Life certainly has its ups and downs, challenges and triumphs and my little family sticks together through it all. Mum has taught us to always be there by each others side through it all. Together we can face anything.
5. Use a fresh towel! True - Mum is very likely to be the initial inspiration of Sunday Minx Bath Towels! We are both guilty of loving a fresh towel every day. Life's simple luxuries.
Happy Mother's Day to all the magnificent Mums and an extra special hug to my incredible Mum Minx.When it comes to amazing Mums - I am lucky to say I was given the best!
Love you forever,